How to make homemade dumplings (and wrapper!) recipe
Of course, there’s lots of frozen dumpling choices out there to buy but when you’ve got so much time, why not entertain yourself by making your own dumplings?!
In case you have extra flour at home during this lockdown, here’s a neat recipe for homemade dumpling.
Ingredients for dumpling wrapper
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp Hot water
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Knead the ingredients mix for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Cover it and let it rest for an hour.
4. Make a loop with the dough then divide it into four parts.
5. Roll one part while covering the rest to prevent them from drying out into a rope.
6. Cut into 7-8 equal sections.
7. Press each piece into a small disc using the palm of your hand.
8. Use a rolling pin to flatten it into a thin disc.
9. Dust with flour if the dough sticks
These are fresh wrappers, so it’s best to consume them immediately. You can put them in the freezer, but first sprinkle flour on both sides of the wrapper. Neatly pile them in an air-tight plastic bag (no air please!). Of course, you need to defrost them right away.
Ingredients for the meat filling
400g ground pork
3 medium onions, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk leeks, chopped finely
Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp. Corn starch or potato starch
Just mix all of the ingredients and stuff them as fillings with your homemade wrapper!
You can choose to steam or pan fry them! Best to drizzle with some light soy sauce for some juicy dumplings.
Slightly burnt (hehe) but still juicy, crunchy and flavorful!